Sunday 2 May 2010

Night & Day - Chapter IV

The following day I woke up really tired. I had nightmares after nightmares, and in all of them I could see those dark blue eyes, chasing me everywhere I tried to run.
I went to take a shower, but my eyes were almost screaming that they were tired. Above all, I was still feeling awful after all those dreams. And this was only the first night…
After getting dressed, I went to check the rest of the house. A person could easily get lost in it. After randomly walking around, I came upon an open door, which leaded to the library… and it wasn’t just a small one…
All the book shelves were reaching the ceiling on all sides of the room, covering the walls. Another two smaller shelves were placed in the center of the room. After going there to check, I saw that all of the books there were about law and administration. I even saw some magazines about our company among all the other ones. Without noticing, I started reading and lost sight of everything that was around me.
“Have you found anything interesting?”
I got startled when I heard a voice coming from behind me. I was so absorbed in my reading that I didn’t even hear Michael coming.
“Oh… yes, I found some interesting articles” I said while still keeping my eyes in the book. “You really have a lot of books here”
He smiled at that.
“Well, I like to be informed… books are also a good way to kill time…”
His hand was reaching a book in front of me, and I could feel him close to my body. My heartbeat accelerated as well.
‘Calm down… he’s just trying to take a book…’ I said in my mind, closing my eyes and trying to calm myself.
I opened my eyes again, and I saw that his hand was still on the book. But he wasn’t taking it away; he was just standing like that. I could feel his chest almost touching my back, and hear his breathing in my ear.
After a moment of staying so, he finally took his hand away, with the book in it as well and sat on a chair, starting to read
‘What was that all about?’ I thought, burying my face into the book I had in my hand. I looked towards him and I saw him watching me, even though he looked away the moment our eyes met.
Strange…I was sure that his eyes were only the color of deep, dark blue. But when I looked into them now, it was like they were slightly tending towards red. Did he wear any contacts or something? I couldn’t help but stare.
That moment, he turned his eyes back on me, and a sudden blush came on my face.
His eyes were of his usual deep blue. I guess I just imagined it…
I went into a daze for a while, and a thought about me being in his arms, really close to each other, with me drowning into his eyes, and with him closing his lips slowly towards my neck came into my mind.
I blushed heavily because of that. Now I’ve even started day dreaming…
When I ‘returned to the real world’ I could have sworn I heard him giggle. What did he see so funny? But when I turned around to check, he was serious (or at least trying to be) again.
He breathed in and got up from the chair.
“Well, it’s time for you to start your job”, he said with a smile.
“Uh…huh?”
He grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the library, and then we went out, into the city.
I was watching him, confused. He saw my expression and looked at me, with an amusement on his face that was clearly saying ‘isn’t it obvious?’. After that, he cleared my untold question…
“Isn’t part of your job being my guide?”
Aaaargh, of course! I was so caught up by all this that I forgot the reason I came here in the first place!
“Oh…”
Now I was feeling dumb… and that was the only word that could come out of my mouth.
And then he smiled…
Really, this guy had some ‘aura controlling’ problems…there were times when his eyes and smile would make me feel spine chills, and other times it would be so reassuring that it would make even the most grumpy person feel reassured. That was how I felt now. I felt like nothing could make me feel bad anymore.
That was cheating… using that on me…
Then, images of me being with him came into my head again, but in it he was looking at me with his deep, catching eyes. Again cheating…
I started blushing again.
But this time, I really saw him smirk.
Man, can he read my mind or what? How else could I explain that every time I see these things in my mind he would have a reaction like that?
We visited the city and the surroundings for almost the entire day, showing him things from the most visited tourist attractions to the most appreciated architectural buildings and companies. I made him a presentation about all of them, but he seemed to know about them pretty well, without really needing any further explanations from me.
At the end of the day i was so exausted, that the first thing that i did when we entered the house was to crash on the couch. I was so tired that i immediately fell asleep, without caring that i wasn’t in my room. Closing my eyes, my consciousness began to fade away and after a few seconds i was already asleep.
But it wasn’t a peacefull sleep...
I heard some footsteps coming towards where I was. It was still dark so i figured it was still night time.
I sat up and saw a tall figure next to the couch, right in front of me. Those deep blue eyes made it clear to me who it was, but for some reason, i felt frightened of him. He didn’t seem like his usual self, and his eyes were slowly becoming red. Even though i knew there weren’t any reasons for me to be afraid of him, every part of my body was screaming at me to run away.
When Michael’s eyes turned completely red, my body started moving on it’s own and i quickly jumped off the couch.
My first instinch was to run away. But that wasn’t enough, because Michael threw me back on the cough, immobilizing me.
He wasn’t the Michael i knew. He had a predator’s eyes. Where did the person i knew disappear? Where did those blue eyes that i longed to see every day go to? And most the important thing... who is this person that’s in front of me right now?
I realized that i couldn’t move my arms and legs. Michael kept me immobilized and i couldn’t do anything to release myself
The moment i started to panic, he had a painful looking smile, and a pair of long fangs were exposed.
Vampire fangs.
I didn’t have time for any reactions, because in a split of a second he went towards my neck, piercing it.
I got up suddenly, screaming, and i realized that i was in my room. When i looked around, i saw that the room was still dark.
„It was only a nightmare...”
I put my hands on my neck. I was shivering really hard, and my heart beating really fast. That dream seemed so real, that even now it’s was hard to believe that it actually wasn’t.
Even though part of me was relieved, my heart was still beating like crazy. Without realizing, my eyes were teary.
I wiped them off, but my tears just weren’t stopping.
„What was that all about?”
I took my head into my hands, and leaned it onto my knees. As my tears wouldn’t stop, i just let them flow...

Author: Lacramioara Cobzaru

No comments:

Post a Comment