Sunday 2 May 2010

Vampire Knight OS - Part IV

Part IV: A Lycan's Dream


It was night and the moonlight was already on the black sky. The lycans now were searching Akito everywhere so the boy didn't have any other choice but to hide in the Kuran house.
'Maybe if I'm gonna find Rima or Yuuki, I'll go out of this shit...somehow…'
so he jumped in one of the big windows of the house and began to walk in a large corridor.
It was all dark inside but fortunately the guy can see throw it.
Searching for Rima or Yuuki he arrived in front of a big door, so he opened it in big silence.
First he thought he could find a bedroom with one of the girls in it, but his nose brought him in the kitchen.
'Holy mother of crap!! This is the biggest kitchen I've ever seen!!!!!!' it was true.
The kitchen was a big and old one, but all cleaned up and perfect. When Akito opened the big fridge he found nothing but drinks.
There was no food in it, so he started drinking one of the milk bottles. After that he felt veery tired, so he placed himself on a chair and put the head on a table.
'I'll just rest a little... just... a couple of secondssssszz.zzzzz....' the guy was soo tired that he immediately fell asleep.
(...)
Later a scream woke up the guy. It was his own scream and he felt that his entire forehead was wet, but not only: also his eyes.
After calming himself he realizes he wasn't sleeping on the table anymore, and he wasn't in the kitchen either.
He found himself in a worm sofa and after getting up he saw he was in a big beautiful bedroom but no one was there.
Walking at a big window he saw it was still night, the stars were out and seen clear. He sat on the window and started looking at them trying to think back at what he saw that made him scared.
He closed his eyes and started to see: The town, his town, were he lived...
it was destroyed, the people nowhere to be found, then he saw a little boy. He ran at him and asked him who he is and what happened?!
The little boy turned around and was covered by blood: in the right hand he was holding a necklace all covered by blood too, while in the other hand he was holding a picture, a picture of his family, then he said: " I'm...I'm Hyian...Hyian… and you ask what happened here?!" now some tears were born from the little boy's green-yellow-grey eyes.
"You bastard!! You should know it! It was because of you, you let all of us die! Just because you had to help everyone... you had to help everyone and couldn’t help us"
Akito recognized him: he hugged the little boy and said:
"No Hyian, it's not my fault. It's their fault, they chosed the dark side but please, don't cry, they are in a good place now. "
"That's not true! They’re in hell now!! They began what they had to: it was already all written up and no one could run from their destiny..."
"Grrrr!! No no no!! Look at me Hyian!!! I tried to tell them that that's not true! But it was too late because instead of believing in themselves, they chosed to depend on someone else. They had the possibility to choose and they did it: they chosed a trap so they had to pay for that."
Akito was still keeping the little boy in his warm arms but he didn't stop crying, and plus he was still mad.
"Akito, why did you leave me with them? why?!" and there the flash back ended.
"Because...I ...I don't know..." answered the boy opening the eyes… but remembering the dream his eyes were still all wet because of the tears.
After standing up he looked at his necklace: it's a half silver bloody moon in a silver rhomb: it’s the only thing that remembers him the night when the winter arrived on everybody’s smile, when all of them woke up and realized they weren't normal humans anymore but monsters and couldn’t do nothing about it.
The one who woke them up was an old woman, a witch: her cloak was darker than the sky at midnight, and her eyes were phosphorescent light green: she said
"I'm here to bring all of you in Hell because you ran away from your destiny" and hearing this all the men began to run at her to kill her while their families went in their own houses to hide.
The witch said " if one of you will kill me then I won't be able to bring you in Hell, but Hell will be the one who'll come at you: it's your choice."
All the people stared at her and didn't know what to do.
" I propose to kill her!" said a man....
"Are you crazy?! So the Hell will come in the Earth?! We can't allow such a thing!!" said another one…
"You idiot!! And you believe her? I think she's just lying so she won't be killed by anyone of us!" said another one again...
"What if she isn't lying??!"...
Every person had his own opinion and the answer of the dilemma turned into a puzzle, but a puzzle where all it's pieces couldn’t fit together.
" you're crazy! Get off of my side so I can kill her and finish this story!" said the man who first talked, but another one punched him saying "wake up man!!"
A fight between the two of them began and so between all the other people, and in all that mess the witch began to talk and everybody began to stare at her.
No one understood if she was talking or singing, and the words were all unknown to their ears.
Akito was there too: he tried to tell them that there could be a third choice so all of them could be in safe, but no one listened to him because he was just a young boy.
When he looked down, Akito saw that under his feet the ground was becoming all red so he began to run out from the crowd to escape. While he arrived at the end of the crowd a red bloody circle made the men stay all together: all of them were in it. Akito tried to escape and go out from the circle but when he tried to do that, a big fire was born from it.
"We have to use our necklace to escape!! But we need the Moonlight!" unfortunately in that moment the moon was covered of a black cloud. The fire was becoming bigger and bigger, and the ground all red, like it was ready to explode. The witch didn't stop 'singing' and it seemed to be no escape. The men began to pray, closing their eyes and hoping for a miracle, while the man who tried to kill the witch began to attack her using warnings and really bad words. Akito always looked at the Moon. He realized that the big dark cloud was moving, but too slowly.
"C'mon!! C'mon!! C'MONN stupid moon!!" said impatiently Akito. The necklace was worn only by the ones who were protecting the clan, so he didn't had one yet.
While the men were praying, another man went to Akito's side.
"I think it's time for you to have your necklace too, Akito: I'm proud of you that you've been with us now"
"but...dad..." the mad shush him and gave to Akito his own necklace.
"Remember that I'll always be proud of you", the man said that sentence like it was more like a goodbye, and then he went to calm down the one who was still shouting at the old woman.
Akito felt some tears in his eyes, but he didn't stop to look at the Moon. He put the necklace in his hand and said
"C'mon moon!! Just look at it and give us a way out of here!!" but the moon was still covered by the big dark cloud.
Then Akito closed his eyes and even if he didn't want to admit it he felt defeated with tears on his face, but he said like talking to himself " I promise: I promise… I'll bring the piece and do the best choices for the ones I care… even if it'll cost me my life..."
In a second, some rays from the moon escaped in the darkness, and one of them reached Akito's necklace.
A bright blue light attached the fire and opened a way of escape to Akito... but only for a few seconds, so only the boy could escape.
When the others saw the escape it was too late because the fire closed it again like nothing happened.
The moonlight had disappeared again.
Now Akito was out of the fired circle and tried to blow out the fire, but it didn't work. His father told him to run and take his mother and his little brother to a safe place, so he began to run towards his house.
When he turned back he saw that the man who was shouting at the witch escaped too: the witch was like in 'stand-by' so she couldn’t see the man running towards her. She was concentrating too much on the singing.
Akito began to run again, farer and farer from that place, while the man was going closer and closer to the witch.
And when Akito reached the end of the valley, the man pulled out his sword.
When Akito turned back and looked down of the vale for the last time, he saw the man putting his sword in the witch's heart.
The voice of the witch began nothing but a loud scream, and from her, thousands and thousands of rocks came out.
The fire circle disappeared and the men were all saved. Also the ground began normal again and the shape of the witch disappeared.
"See guys? I told you! This was the best choice!" and they smiled... all of them except Akito, in fact his face became a scared one from what he was seeing.
It was incredible: The sky became darker than before and the rooks were becoming phosphorescent light green ones.
The boy began to run: there was no time to waste. The curse didn't finish yet.
Every 2 rooks began to attack every man from the place while 2 of them were flying towards Akito.
"What the fucking curse is that??!" said the guy who began to run faster than before. The rooks were flying faster and faster so instead of running towards his house, he changed direction.
He had to return to his father.
While he was running he jumped from the place were he reached with labor, just to reach his father again. He jumped down, but while he was falling the rooks began to fly down towards him too.
Before reaching the ground he grabbed a branch born from a rook, and he turned all over to put his fits on it.
The rooks had to change direction because now they were the one who were falling: while one of them crashed on the ground and disappeared in a light green fire, the other one flew away changing direction towards Akito again. Now the rook was flying just in front of Akito, and when it came close enough, the guy jumped down again. He thought that the rock crushed on the little mountain he climbed before, instead the rock changed direction again and when Akito reached the grown, the rook went in him. Right in his body. He felt a big electric shock in all his body, so he could do nothing but fall down and shout from the pain. After a few seconds he saw that the same thing was happening to all of the men in front of him. 2 rocks went in everyone's body and now all of them were covered by a strange light green aura.
After the shock Akito felt good enough to begin to run away from them. They weren't themselves anymore. He looked at his father and wanted to help him, but the man told him:
"AKITO RUN AWAY FROM HERE! HIDE YOURSELF SOMEWHERE SAFE! IT'S TOO LATE NOW... FOR EVERYONE OF US..."
He was shocked and fear began to invade his body. He almost gone crazy, he wanted to shout so all of the pain could come somehow out and leave him and his people alone, but that was only an illusion.
"RUN AWAY AKITOOO!!!!" were the last words of his father before loosing control of himself. It’s been enough for the boy to run away. Those men weren't people anymore.
They became something else, something inhuman now: monsters. Creatures that were ready to kill everything, even the ones who they loved in the past. Akito was transforming too, but he has never lost control of himself.
When he opened his eyes he saw in front of him a pack of strong werewolves. They didn't bother the guy, but began to run towards the clan.
Akito reminded the witch's sentence:” if one of you will kill me then I won't be able to bring you in Hell, but Hell will be the one who'll come at you: it’s your choice."
he put his hands in his head." FUCK! THIS IS THE END!!!! The best choice was the third option you idiots!! I still don't know which the third one is, but I promise I'll find it out."
And then he disappeared in the dark, running in the opposite way of his home, his family, his human life, with tears in his face full of pain because he wasn't strong enough to stop the pack, and there was no time to save anybody else but himself. It was too late to everybody, for everybody except Akito.

An open door made Akito return into the present and from the shock he was about to fall from the window, but somehow he didn't XP
"Akito?...is that you?"
"Oh! Thank goodness! Yuuki! haaaaa!! I'm so happy to see ya!"
"Shhhh!! My brother is in the house too! And I don't think he'll be happy seeing me with a lycan in my own room…"
"I know, I know...."
"What are you doing here?! How did you know I live here?" said Yuuki with a worried face.
"I didn't know it: I just guessed! And I had no choice but to come here: the lycans are after me!"
"Yes... and also after me and Rima now..."
"Ppffff... it's only my fault… my fault..."
Yuuki looked at him while he was excusing himself, maybe also for other reasons; "you can stay tonight… if you want"
"Thaaanks!" the boy's smile turned to his face again.
"Are you… trembling?" Yuuki was smiling too.
"Naaaagh! I'm oke! Except for the fact that I have a vampire in front of me, but...I don't know why... I'm not scared of you!"
"Hmm... maybe because..." her smile now disappeared and a dubious face took its place. "Maybe because once I was a human... and…"
"Wou wou wou! Hold on! You were a human before? Do you have a curse in you or something?!"
"No no! ^^'…It’s a long story " said the girl.
"I have time..." encouraged Akito, but Yuuki still seemed unwilling to answer to the boy's curiosity, so Akito began to guess.
"Ok then... are you trying to forget your human past?"
"...Sort of… yes" answered Yuuki with an apologetic face.
"Are you telling me that you had the possibility to choose between being a human and being a vampire?" the boy was quite good on guessing.
" I was born as a vampire so I can't change what I am!"
"I really don't care your past: that's not an excuse for choosing such a... life!"
"What do you mean?"
Akito began to be a little jealous of Yuuki: she had the possibility of choosing while his destiny was already chosen by a stupid witch.
"This is not fair... grrr..."
"What’s wrong, Akito?" said Yuuki with a worried voice. Akito's last weakness made his eyes become all black, while Yuuki's eyes were still big, full of curiosity.
Fortunately her peaceful eyes were melting all his anger: it was impossible to fight with her when she 'cheated' like that, or this is what Akito thought.
After a short moment Akito made a long breath, just to calm himself and broke the silence.
"Yuuki, are you really happy throwing your human soul away like this? And for what? I saw the way you vampires live: you live forever with that bloody thirst of yours and when your vampire instincts are really awake there's nothing but hell in your eyes."
"I told myself that I'm ready to do everything just to stay with my other half" her voice was still calm. "I don't regret anything... and besides, I can't change what I am" and then she smiled to herself.
Akito is a stubborn boy, and no one can change the way he thinks too.
"But you said that once you were a human girl, and I think also a cute one. Don't you really miss anything from that… world?" he said the word 'world' like now they weren't living in another planet, but in another universe.
Yuuki bit her lips, and began to look away from the boy in front of her.
"It seemed that you had to pay a big price for becoming vampire, isn't it right?"
"Yes, it's true." admitted Yuuki, beginning to look at Akito again, and then she continued. "I had to lose my human life, and also my friends...Chairman and… my best friend...."
Akito smirked. The girl changed her voice at the words 'best friend', but she didn't notice that and continued.
"...but as I said I don't regret anything because now I'm living a new life, a better one because Kaname will stay by my side, forever. He loves me as I love him: he's my new life, my new soul."
Akito smirked again. "What about that best friend of yours, Yuuki? May I ask who it is?"
"I already forgot him." she answered quickly, too quickly. Akito laughed: "Are you lying, or you are just the stubbornest person alive?"
Yuuki laughed a bit. "I don't know about the second option, but I'm not lying. Now, Akito, what do you really want from me?"
Now Akito's smile disappeared, and his eyes caught the window, the sky and the bright moon.
" Yuuki, you have to know that after doing the biggest mistake of my life, I'm going to pay for it forever: you have to know that once I was a human too, but unfortunately someone else chosed my destiny so here I am: a werewolf who's only dream is to have a normal life: a human life."
The girl understood now. Unlike her, the boy didn't have a better life than she was having after the biggest change of their life, but was this strange present a better one than a human one? Yuuki became confuse with herself and weakness was born again.
"Yuuki, are you ok?"
"I'm fine" she lied.
"I'm sorry if I confused your mind but, you are one of my best friends and I just... promised myself that I won't allow any friend of mine getting their soul away for such a stupid destiny."
"You don't understand anything about me…" she began to cry. Akito caught himself in a weird blush. "Eehm... you know... it's kinda embarrassing for me having a crying girl in front of me… I don't know what to do in moments like this...^^'"
"Well... you can disappear from my side!" the boy began to smile and hugged her in a friendly way.
"Yuuki, you don't have to be afraid: this is your life. I didn't say that your choice has been a bad one for you. Can I ask you something? I promise this'll be my last question."
They looked at each other: the look lasted only for a second, long enough to make Akito continue.
"Do you still remember your human life?"
"Yes..." answered the girl, like that must have been the wrong answer for her, because it was going against everything she'd done until now: trying to erase it from her mind.
"Well then, don't throw it away: only cowards would do such a thing. You know, it may become your last human memory, and when the time'll pass by, it may become an oddly pleasant one. This is only a friend's option, but you have the possibility to choose anyway! In fact you can also forget it for personal reasons that I really don't want to hear... but on doing this your human life should forget you too, and to do that, you have to be forgotten by any human friend you have. This is all." his smile made the things turn to the reality, far away from their old dreams.
"Now... about the 'disappearing thing'...where's Rima's room? I'd really like to visit her!" his smile grow bigger... and Yuuki finally turned to the reality too.
"Ahh ^^'...well, Rima right now might be with Shiki: they've always been together. "
"Oh... damn it! Why is that bloodsucker always around her? This is really not fair."
"Maybe because Shiki's the only one who touched Rima's heart!" Yuuki was really happy for her sister. At least one of them knew what she really wanted in life. She smiled thinking about that.
"Oh well... if you don't mind I'll go and check by myself. I've always been a lucky guy and maybe I'm gonna find her alone. She's one of my best friends too!"
Yuuki laughed. "I suppose all your best friends aren't humans!"
"True, I don't have any: they're only good on being eaten now :P" and saying this, the boy disappeared from Yuuki's room.
"Yes… unlike me!" she finished the boy's sentence. "Well, let's see how good I am to be forgotten by my human life."
Yuuki wasn't tired, so she dressed in her old black uniform from the Cross Academy and, without saying anything to anybody, she disappeared from her room too.
"Time for an outdoor night." whispered to herself.

The way to the Cross Academy has been the easiest part. The town was all asleep and it seemed that after the last battle there were no lycans around anymore.
Before knocking at the Chairman's door she took a long breath, but she didn't get to finish it because the man suddenly opened the door in front of her:
"YUUKI! OOH!! I'M SO GLAD TO SEE MY CHILD AGAIN! COME IN!!!!"
"Ehhh^^'… thank you!" was all she could say, and while she was looking forward to take a sit she prepared herself psychically before making the question.
"Ehm… Cha… I mean… dad, can I ask you something?"
"*_____________* oh my god! You finally called me daddy without begging you to say it!-^^-"
"Technically…" I called you 'dad', whispered Yuuki to herself.
" so what would you want to know?"
"Ah… well… I was wondering... how's the day class going?" She wasn't ready for the most important question yet.
"What do you mean by that?"
"Did they… forget me?" Yuuki blushed. What a stupid question.
"Oh… you'd like to know about the gossip! heheh… well, they didn't stop talking about you for a while, but now it seems that everything's ok. Zero told them you changed school with the night class and that you're fine. He's the one who stopped the voices that were talking about you."
"Oh… ok… and… about Zero..." the Chairman froze, like he was begging himself not to hear Yuuki's question.
"How is he?"
"Well... he's fine..;"
"Oh... and… may I know WHERE he is now?"
"Mmnop… you can't know that."
Now Yuuki froze too. "What do you mean by that?! Doesn’t he want to see me again?"
"I don't know if it's about that Yuuki. Zero has..." she didn't like the way that the Chairman was searching for the perfect words to answer at her simple question.
"He... disappeared" it took a few seconds to answer.
"WHAT?!"
"But DON'T worry! We'll find him soon!! It seems that he disappeared after the battle with the lycans. Maybe he's in the woods to see if there are still others of them, and I'm sure he is fine!!"
Yuuki's ears didn't hear a single word of the last sentence. The only thing she was listening to was her heart beats.
"Yuuki! Please calm down!! It’s nothing!"
"How can you say this is nothing???!!" she was already leaving the room while she said this. If the other hunters were searching him, then why did nobody find him yet?
"Yuuki! DON'T YOU DARE GO AFTER HIM!!"
"Oh, YOU BET I WILL!"
"I'll call Kaname for this!" but Yuuki didn't hear neither the last sentence. She was already gone.

Author: Cristina Veriotti

No comments:

Post a Comment