Sunday 2 May 2010

Vampire Knight OS - Part III

Party III: The Knights


After the meeting with the lycans, the girls were feeling a bit tensed. But Yuuki was feeling more instable after meeting Akito and Zero. She didn’t know what happened to Akito after that, but she had a feeling that they will meet again. After seeing Zero, she was relieved that he was fine. Suddenly, a feeling of hunger overwhelmed her. She hadn’t eaten anything for a couple of days. Blood red eyes that were calling for blood came out. She opened the door of the room she was in, and went down the hallway. The hunger made her feel dizzy and almost collapsed, when Kaname caught her.
“Are you alright?” said Kaname, but the moment she turned her eyes to him, he already knew what she needed. “Yuuki, you don’t need to hold back. I’m here for you, right?” he said while slowly driving her to his neck. Smiling, Yuuki said back:
“Yes… Onii-sama”. After than, she gently bit Kaname’s neck, and blood full of his thoughts and feelings was flowing down her throat.
In another room, Rima was resting in bed, because she used a lot of strength in the encounter with the lycans. A couple of minutes later, Yuuki entered the room.
“She’s still sleeping” said a figure that was on a chair and then stood up.
“Oh, Shiki… Thanks for taking so much care of Rima” said Yuuki.
“Don’t even mention it. How can I possibly leave her alone when she is confused like that?” said Shiki with a smile and then looked towards Rima. Yuuki then smiled and left the room.
A few minutes later, Rima woke up and started looking around the room.
“Good morning sunshine. How’s the princess today?”
“You and your stupid jokes again…” said Rima smiling towards Shiki. “I’m ok…”, she said, without realizing that her eyes were changing color from the hunger.
“Oh my, your eyes are red. It’s almost as if you were a vampire”.
“Oh, shut up you…” said Rima while trying to hide the “evidence”.
“Your skin color has brightened up. It’s good to see you’re feeling better” said Shiki while walking towards her. “But now your eyes are telling your needs”. Looking straight in his eyes, Rima already knew what he was trying to say. “See? It’s good that I happened to be here.”
Rima smiled and then slowly bit him.
“It’s tasty…”
“Only the best for my princess”
Night was slowly falling, and Rima was in her room. Heading towards the window, she it and was enjoying a gentle breeze. A scent carried by the wind made her freeze a moment.
“I know this scent… but why…?
She hurried to the door, on the hallway, and then outside. The scent was getting closer and closer. She reached the corner of the house, but when she was trying to pass it, someone bumped into her. They both fell down, and when she came to, she saw a boy with a dark green t-shirt, and some weird three colored eyes, green-yellow-grey, standing on top of her, staring and with an expression like he was trying to remember her or something.
“You! You are the chick that came after Yuuki a few days ago! Who are you?”
“Would you please ask the questions after you get off me? This is not a very good position, you know?”
“Really? I would think it’s the opposite”, said the boy with a playful smile on his face.
“Oh, cut it off already” said Rima while trying to get him off of her.
“Oh yeah, I just remembered. We have to run!”
“Wha…?” but she didn’t have the chance to finish the phrase, because the boy lifted her fast in his arms and entered the house. Hidden behind the wall, she heard a pack of dogs coming near the house and then disappearing.
“Pfew… they’re gone…” said the boy with a relieved voice.
On the other side, Rima, with a pissed look on her face said:
“Would you please put me down already? I have my own legs, you know?!”
“Oh, pardon me my lady, but having such a cute girl in my arms, I couldn’t help myself”
“Gee, thanks for the compliments! Now put me down!”
“Ok, ok, I’ll put you down”
After getting on her own feet, Rima looked straight at him.
“What? Don’t tell me that you fell for me, darling” said the boy
“Quit day-dreaming. Just who are you?”
“Oh, pardon my rudeness honey, although we already met, we haven’t introduced ourselves. My name is Akito.
“Oh, so you’re that lycan that Yuuki helped…”
“Are you a friend of hers? You don’t seem like family, meaning that you don’t look alike, nor resemble in character”
“Well, sorry to disappoint you, but I’m her sister”
“Wow, that was shocking news… so you’re a vampire too, right? And what’s this place? “
“Well, I have to inform you that you are now in the house of your worst enemies, vampires.”
“Man, and here I thought that I was starting to have some luck when I found this place…but you’ll be here to protect me, right?” said Akito with a smug face.
“Oh, shut up…”
After a little laugh, Akito started talking.
“And you’re living here in this big place? Are you living alone or with your family? Does Yuuki live here?”
“Aah, to many questions! You’re starting to give me headaches. And yes, she lives here”
“Maybe I am lucky after all…”
“Rimaaa!!”. A voice was calling for her. She looked towards the place she heard it and saw Shiki.
“Well, I think I’ll be going for now. But I have the feeling that we’ll meet again… Miss Rima” said Akito and then disappeared.
“Who was that guy?” said Shiki when he reached her.
“Nobody important…”
Smiling, with a feeling of relief in his voice, said to her:
“Ok… then let’s go back to your room, you still need to rest”
“Okay…”
The following day, Rima woke up in the afternoon. After a little stretching, she went for a walk. While going down the staircase, she saw Shiki still sleeping on the couch. She got close to him and sat on the couch, beside him. She realized it was the first time when she saw him sleeping so peacefully. The next thing she knew was that she was about to bit him. But then she changed “directions” and kissed him on the forehead. She didn’t want to disturb him.
She headed to the garden and sat under a tree. She closed her eyes and was feeling the breeze that was slowly blowing.
“Rima…?” said a voice from not far away.
“Ah, Yuuki… yeah, it’s me… what are you doing here?”
“Just taking a short walk…” said Yuuki while closing to Rima and then sitting next to her.
“I see you’re getting used to being a pureblood. Your powers are easier to deal with now. And you look more like yourself again” said Yuuki with an encouraging smile towards Rima.
“Yeah…”
They both laid down on the grass and started looking at the sky.
“Last night there was some ruckus in the mansion. I think someone got in, but we couldn’t find out who”
“Some annoying dogs I presume…”
“Dogs? Come to think of it, I think I saw some tracks outside… but annoying? I thought you like dogs.”
“That was until I met that annoying werewolf or whatever he was… He snuck into the house while trying to hide from a pack of dogs…”
“Werewolf…?!?”. Yuuki suddenly stood up. “Don’t tell me that Akito was the one who was running!”.
“It was him alright…”
“I hope he’s ok… he must have been followed by those lycans because he betrayed them…”
“Don’t worry, that idiot will be okay even without his own permission…”
Yuuki laughed a bit.
“Did he do something to upset you?”
“Not really…”
A scent came to her. It was the scent of the lycans. She looked towards Yuuki but she didn’t seem to have noticed.
“I’m going inside… I think the sun is getting to me…”
“Okay”
Nigh fall brought along silence. Rima was in her bed, thinking of stuff, or simply thinking of nothing. Then suddenly… blast! The window broke and something flew inside.
“Ahh… what the heck was that?”. The next thing she saw was a man sitting next to her. And that man was none other than Akito…
“Auch.. I never thought that I would end up in your bed…” said Akito while rubbing his head because he hit the border of the bed.
“You idiot, what do you think you’re doing here?” said Rima while getting off the bed.
“Well, paying a visit… hope you won’t mind”
“You…”
The next moment, Shiki came in.
“Rima! Are you ok? The place is full of lycans!” then his eyes were set on Akito. “And… who’s this guy?”
“Like I said before, nobody important…”
Before knowing, nine lycans came in the room through the window.
“Found him. Now come with us, you piece of trash.” Said the lycan who seemed to be the leader of the group.
“Not if I don’t want to.” Said Akito and jumped off the bed.
“Oh, is that so…”
The lycan then changed shape and turned into a human with light green eyes and dark brown hair with black and white mashes.
Rima took a closer look at him. His appearance seemed to be familiar to her…
Then the guy saw Rima in the corner of the room.
“Ooh, so it’s you… it’s nice to meet you again… but I just happened to remember how you ‘kindly’ scratched my face that day with your finger-nails” said the guy with a devil’s smile, but he clearly seemed annoyed.
After that, Rima remembered him. He was the guy that she met when the lycans first came to the Academy, and fought with until Shiki came. After giving him a piercing glare, the guy started to talk again.
“Seems like you remember me. But remember that we also have some unfinished business”. His eyes went on Shiki. “And here’s the knight that saved the princess last time…”. Shiki had a piercing look in his eyes, eyes that were telling ’if you do anything to her, you’re sliced meat’. “Oh, so I see you are still protecting your princess this time too” said the guy.
“Of course!” said Shiki and charged at him, but he couldn’t get close because the other lycans interfered and bit him badly.
“Shiki!!!” she was looking terrified at Shiki and saw how much he was bleeding. But her terror was then replaced with rage. A massive pressure of electricity was filling the room, and blew away all the lycans that were near Shiki. She rushed to him, but didn’t manage to get there because something caught her arms from behind, and couldn’t move.
“Rima!!!” shouted Akito. After that, he looked straight at the guy behind her. “Izano, let go of her right now!!!”
“Oh yeah, you’re here too… oh, and come to think of it, you’re the reason we came here in the first place… well, guess we’ll let you run away for now… I found another good prey”. Rima was watching him with a piercing look while trying to escape, but a few moments later she felt like she was going to faint… and then fell unconscious. Izano and his followers jumped off from the window, taking Rima with him too.
“Rima!!” yelled Shiki, although he was suffering from the wound.
“I’ll go after them. After all, I was the one who got her into this”.
“No…! I’ll come too…!” said Shiki, even though it was obvious that he was suffering from the wound. Izano’s followers made a deep wound in his shoulder.
“You’re wounded! How do you think you would be of help?” said Akito almost shouting towards Shiki.
“I’ll be fine! I’ll heal fast! We heal even faster than you guys!”
“Oh yeah, you’re a vampire… well then, I suppose it’s ok. But don't slow me down”
“Tsk…” said Shiki and moved his eyes away.
In the meantime, Rima woke up and saw that she was carried by someone in the forest.
“So you woke up. You’re quite amazing, even thought you’re a vampire, that should have kept you knocked down for at least a couple of hours” said Izano with a sick smile towards her.
“Let me go!” said Rima while trying to escape.
“Hey, don’t move so much or I’ll drop you!”
“That’s the idea, you dumbass!!!”
“And what will you do, scratch my face again?” said Izano in a laugh.
“If you insist…”. This time, her nails grew at her own will and made a big scratch on him. Izano dropped her instantly. “I learned this trick from our last encounter. It’s still efficient.”
“You little… now you’ve really done it! You’ll pay for this!
“The only one who will pay will be you, Izano!!”. He turned his head and saw Akito standing behind, with a dangerous look on his face.
“Oh, so I see the little rat can’t wait to be caught. Finally decided to willingly come with us?” said Izano while going after Rima and catching her arms, making her unable to move.
“Not in your lifetime. Let her go!”
“Oh, so you’re the knight who will save the princess right now. Now, how will you do it?”
“Heh… I’m not the only knight in here” said Akito with a sneaky smile.
“Wha__?” but he couldn’t finish the phrase, because a blood string was holding his neck
“Shiki!” said Rima, relieved, but worried at the same time.
“You son of a__”. He released Rima and turned into his werewolf form, ready to attack him.
“Akito, get Rima out of here, take her somewhere safe!”
Rima remained unable to move. She was worried for Shiki because of that wound. Even though it was starting to heal, it was still big.
“Let’s go!” said Akito and took Rima’s hand.
“No… No!!! Shiki!!!!”. That moment, the air was filled with an immense electric pressure. Lightning was starting to fall, and the strong wind blew Izano off, and hit him on a tree. But after using all that power, and not being fully used to it yet, she fell unconscious again.
“Rima…” said Shiki, amazed and worried at the same time.
“Let’s go! She created this chance for us! Don’t let it go to waste!!” yelle+d Akito while holding Rima.
“Uh… Ok. Let’s go!”
The next time Rima woke up, she felt that she was carried in the arms of someone.
“Shiki…?” said with her eyes half open.
“No baby, it’s me again” said Akito with a playful smile.
“Where is he…?”
“I’m right here.” said a voice coming from behind. It was Shiki.
“Thank God…” said Rima with a smile on her face and fell asleep.
“It seems that nothing can calm her down except seeing you safe by her side” said Akito towards Shiki.
“… Same goes for me…” said Shiki while looking at her peacefully sleeping face. The smile remained.
“We’re reaching the house. Seems like those guys aren’t there anymore. Let’s look for Yuuki” said Akito, enthusiastic.
“No need. There she is.”
Yuuki was with Kaname in the yard, even though they seemed to be wounded, it didn’t seem to be anything big.
“And who’s that guy?”
“Her brother. You shouldn’t mess with him. It’s a friendly advice.”
“Oh… that made me feel comfortable…”
“Rima!!!!” yelled Yuuki and started running towards them. “Akito...?? how is she?” she was clearly surprised to see him, but she was more worried about Rima who was unconscious.
“She’s ok. Just exhausted” replied Akito.
“Thank goodness… oh my, Shiki, you’re wounded!”
“I’m ok, don’t worry”
“I don’t think that those guys will come again, but we should stay a while in the underground rooms. If they come again, they won’t be able to find us” said Kaname.
“I’ll take her, she needs to rest.” said Shiki and took Rima from Akito.
“Is your shoulder ok?”
“Yeah… It seems like it’s healed”
He took her and headed towards the underground rooms.
“Shiki… You’re here…”
“Yes…” he took a tight hold of her. “…And I won’t let go of you again…”
Rima smiled and replied.
“Me neither… ”
Shiki lowered his head towards her neck, but he didn’t bite her. Instead, he raised it again, and kissed her.
“I will never let go of you again…”

Author: Lacramioara Cobzaru

No comments:

Post a Comment